Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Snack Review: Koala's March - Cheesecake

It has been a while since I reviewed a type of Koala Cookies, so it is about time for a new exotic flavour.


Koala's March is a product made by Lotte. With this snack they support the Australian Koala Foundation. They are filled biscuits shaped like Koalas and also have pictures of Koala's on them. They come in various flavors but chocolate and strawberry are the most common ones. Those are even available in the Netherlands in the bigger Asian supermarkets but the less common flavours are not therefore I imported these and I paid $2.50 for a 48gr box on J-list.

The smell of these cookies was nice and sweet, not overpowering like with some of these cookies. They taste kind of buttery. The filling is creamy and feels a bit greasy but not in a bad way. There is also a hint of lemon in there that builds up after more biscuits are eaten. I am not sure if I would identify the flavour as cheesecake but it does taste nice and I didn't mind finishing that box. If I would came across it I would buy this again, but I won't go out of my way to hunt for it. Still these are one of the better exotic flavours I came across with these type of snacks.

1 comment:

  1. I always have to restrain myself from ordering loads of food stuff from JList ;) Mmm, koala cookies are good! Cheesecake does sound tasty, but also a difficult flavor/texture to capture in the cookie.

    ReplyDelete